Winnie The Pooh
By: A.A. Milne
Fantasy

            This book is a collection of children’s stories by A.A. Milne. It was written about his young son, Christopher Robins toys who were the basis for the characters. The main character, Winnie-the-Pooh is a sweet natured, loving, yellow bear. He lives in a forest with his friends, Piglet, Owl, Tigger, Eeyore, Rabbit, Kanga, and Roo.
            Pooh gets himself stuck in a ton of sticky situations, always involving honey. He is very clumsy when he is trying to get honey from bee’s nests. But he is also kind hearted; he helps his friends no matter the situation.
            With bossy Rabbit, know it all Owl, and all of Pooh’s other friends they go on many adventures with Christopher Robin. Christopher Robin has a magical childhood with his toys coming to life.

This is my absolute favorite children’s book of all time. My mother read these stories to me almost every night. I remember the countless laughs I had before going to bed each night. Silly Pooh Bear and timid Piglet cracked me up. When I am a mother I know I will do the same for my child. I think this could be read aloud to children from Pre-K and up, but 3rd grade and up could possibly read it by themselves. I cannot wait until I am able to incorporate these stories into my classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog