Little Poems for Tiny Ears
By: Lin Oliver
Illustrated by: Tomie dePaola
Poetry
           
            This book is for tiny babies and toddlers. It is a board book for them to be able to hold and flip pages on their own. It follows young children through their everyday lives with poems about the small things that intrigue and excite children. For babies, the simplest things make them curious to learn more about them. This is a wonderful start to introducing children to poetry. It talks about fingers, toes, strollers, and so many more things that almost every child encounters in their life.
            It is filled with rhythmic verses, with rhymes mixed in between. This will help children develop phonemic awareness at a very young age. The pictures are colorful and engaging capturing the attention of tiny ears, and even big adults.


            I loved this book, and I think I will soon buy it to use with my children one day. I went to the library with my baby cousin and read a few of the poems to him. He loved them and I had him laughing in no time. I’m not sure I would use this in the classroom because it’s for toddlers and I plan to teach at about 2nd grade. But it’s a great book and I would recommend it to new mothers and fathers!

Comments

  1. There might be some students in your classroom who would simply want to read the book because they remember it from when they were little.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog