Maverick and Me
By: Katherine Schwarzenegger
Realistic Fiction

            Maverick the dog is rescued off the street after being dumped on the side of the road. He was put into an adoption event, and a girl named Scarlett met the puppy. Scarlett and her mother are so touched by the little pups back story that they decide to take him into their family. They gave him his forever home he had been searching for.

I really love this little story because it can help teach students about proper pet care. It shows them how adopting from a shelter can be a very good thing. If I used this is my classroom I would share my story about adopting my puppy. His name is Gattis, and he has become such an amazing part of our family. I think this book is good for students in PreK-2nd grade.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog