Where The Wild Things Are
By: Maurice Sendak
Caldecott Medal

This book is about a little boy named Max who likes trouble. He is really good at getting in trouble, in fact, he gets in so much trouble he is sent to bed with no dinner by his mother. Max is dressed in a wolf suit, and when he is sent to bed he goes through an amazing journey. A forest grows inside his bedroom where Max is taken to a place where all the wild things are. The wild things make Max there king, and Max has a wild time. After having quite the party, Max eventually sends all of the wild things to bed. Once they are all gone Max begins to feel lonely. He realizes it is time to sail away back to his family.

I remember reading this when I was littler. I thought it was the most silly book of all time! No way could you be sent to your room and sail away to a wild place with wild things. I know have a deeper respect for this book. The illustrations inside are magnificent. The way the pictures go from bigger to smaller as Max goes and comes back from where the wild things are is so creative. I would absolutely read this to my classroom, and make sure to point out the size of the pictures to my students. I think this book would be great for students in 2 years old-5th grade. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog