The Golden Girls of Rio
By: Nikkolas Smith
Non-Fiction

The women athletes in the 2016 Olympics amazed people all around the globe. People everywhere look up to them, including children who may want to be like them someday. This book follows the stories of a few of the “Golden Girls”. Two of them being Simone Biles, a wonderful gymnast, and Katie Ledecky, a wonderful swimmer. This book talks about how these women started out and rose to great heights in the Olympics.


I loved watching the Olympics, and I know a lot of the children love to watch Olympics too. Some may even strive to be in the Olympics one day. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this picture book; the colors captured my attention. I believe this book is good for students around 3rd-8th grade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog