Sisters
By: Raina Telgemeier
Graphic Novel

Raina is so excited to become a big sister. Her mother has a baby girl, but Raina is discouraged by the outcome. Turns out, her baby sister Amara is grouchy and rude. Amara doesn’t like playing with Raina, she’d rather play alone. Raina gets another baby brother down the road, and still nothing changes between Raina and Amara’s relationship. Eventually, there is some tension among her parents that leave the siblings all confused as to what going on. In a long van ride the two sisters reminisce about old times, and learn how to embrace one another. In the end they decide to face the unknown future together.


I’m not a huge fan of graphic novels, for some reason I have a hard time following the story. But this one wasn’t so bad. My sister absolutely adores this book, and asked me to read it a long time ago and now I understand why. This is a good book for girls to read, I doubt boys would be too interested, because usually they are more prone to read a book that features a boy protagonist. This book is great for students 3rd grade and up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog